How To Play Blackjack
Blackjack is one if the classic casino games and very easy to play.
The idea of Blackjack is to make a hand with a value of 21, or as close to 21 as possible without going over and to beat the dealer hand.
When played correctly Blackjack is probably a casino’s lowest profitable game, with a house edge of @0.3%. Every hand played is almost a 50/50 chance to win or lose.
Bookie Ninja will guide you through the general rules and also provide you with a table to show how you should play each hand.
How Blackjack Works
Each player at the table are dealt 2 cards by the dealer and the aim to build a hand as close to 21 as possible without going over and to beat the dealers hand
- Each numerical card 2-10 is worth its value. g. the 3 of hearts is worth 3 points, the 5 of clubs is worth 5 points and so on.
- Face cards (Jack, Queen and King) are worth 10 points each
- An Ace is worth either 1 or 11.
- When you have been dealt your 2 cards, one of the dealers cards will be visible and you will have a choice to make
- HIT means you want another card
- STAND means you do not wish to take any further cards
- DOUBLE means you are doubling your stake for jut 1 more card
- SPLIT: If you are dealt a pair of the same number you may have the option to SPLIT. This again doubles your stake and the 2 cards are split to play 2 hands with each hand dealt a 2nd card
- If you go over 21 at any point you will lose your hand
- If your total matches the dealer hand value then this will be a tie and your stake will be returned –
- BLACKJACK is hit when you are dealt an ACE and a Face Card or 10 in your starting hand. A BLACKJACK hand will beat a hand of 21 accrued over 3 or more cards
Blackjack Best Play
Players have studied for many years to improve their Blackjack play and the with 340possible hand configurations it can seem quite daunting to know how best to play to provide maximum returns. With that in mind please take a look at our handy table below advising when you should Stand, Hit, Double or Split
KEY: S = STAND, H = HIT, D = DOUBLE, SP = SPLIT
BLACKJACK – When your hand equals 21 on 1st 2 cards dealt
BUST – When the total value of your hand goes above 21
DOUBLE DOWN – (Double) When you choose to double your bet for one more card. You have no choice to stand after this card is taken
HARD HAND – A hand that does not contain an Ace, or a hand that contains an Ace that is being counted as 1
HIT – When you choose to accept another card
HOLE CARD – The second card that is dealt to the dealer, you will not be able to see the value of this card until your hand is completed
INSURANCE – In some BLACKJACK games if the dealer shows an Ace as their 1st card you may be given the opportunity to insure your hand against the dealer being dealt BLACKJACK. It is generally advised to never take insurance as it does not offer value long term
MULTIPLE DECK – A game of BLACKJACK consisting of more than one deck of playing cards
PUSH – When the value of your hand is the same as the dealer’s hand. Your stake for that hand is then returned
SINGLE DECK – A game of BLACKJACK that consists of just 1 deck of playing cards
SOFT HAND – Is when you have a hand containing an Ace being valued at 11, making it impossible to BUST
SPLIT – When you are dealt a pair you may be given the option to SPLIT the hand into 2 separate hands, this doubles your total stake as you will have a bet placed on each hand
We really hope this helps with your understanding of Blackjack and welcome any questions or feedback if you wish to get in touch