ACCOUNT VERIFICATION TUTORIAL
All online gambling sites licensed by the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) must complete player verification checks to ensure that you;
- Are old enough to gamble
- Confirm you are who you say you are
- You haven’t been self excluded from other gambling
HOW DO I VERIFY MY ACCOUNT?
This can vary slightly from site to site but generally you will have to supply documents that are accepted under the Know Your Customer (KYC) rules so they contain the following details;
- Your registered name
- Photograph on an official document to confirm your identity
- Your registered address
- Date of birth
The following documents are generally accepted as proof of identity or proof of address
- Driving Licence
- Utility Bill (must be dated within last 3 months)
- Bank statement (again must be dated within last 3 months)
You may also get requested to send a copy of the payment card used for depositing into your gambling account
You may find you do not get requested to verify your account as many sites now use electronic checks that are completed without you knowing, using sites like Experian to verify your age and who you are.
You may also find that you will need to verify your account before you are able to make a deposit and start playing at some sites, or before you make your 1st withdrawal. Bookie Ninja would advise always verifying your account before depositing and playing to ensure all has been completed so there is no delay or hold ups if you hit a win and make a withdrawal.
DOES VERIFICATION TAKE LONG?
Verification now takes far less time then it did a few years back. For those who are not automatically verified then you can, on many sites, upload scanned images of your documents via a secure section on the gambling site. This process can be completed in just a few hours but should hopefully be completed and verified in less than 24 hours.
If the gambling site suspects that the account is being used to launder money, although very rare, they can ask for additional proof of identity documents. Part of this advanced check may involve a soft credit check ad requests to view your bank details.
You may also need to supply further documents if;
- Your uploaded documents have expired
- Your statement or bill is outside the 3 months acceptable limit
- Photo on driving licence or passport is not clear
- Documents do not match, e.g. your utility bill shows a different address to your driving licence
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY ACCOUNT CANNOT BE VERIFIED?
This will differ from site to site but in most instances if you are unable to provide the required documents to confirm your identity then;
- You will be allowed to continue to play and deposit but unable to withdraw winnings
- Your account will be suspended and you will be unable to play
Due to the first possible outcome if you are unable to verify it is again stressed that Bookie Ninja fully advise that you always get your account verified before you deposit and start playing.